Piling in Chelsea
Pile foundations are used when the ground is not strong enough to support the construction. These piles contribute to the stability of the structure by shifting loads from the structure to the earth. There are several different ways in which pile foundations can be built, with various benefits and uses.
Southern Foundations & Piling are the premier piling contractors in Chelsea, offering robust piling solutions for commercial and residential structures. Elevate your construction project in Chelsea with us and let our expertise render the long-lasting foundations your building needs.
Best Piling Services
Southern Foundations & Piling is an SSIP-certified company offering a comprehensive range of piling foundation services to meet your requirements for each project. Our piling services include:
Driven piles are traditional types of pile foundations. In this process, the piles are dragged or hammered into the ground. The piling method is suitable for foundations on non-cohesive soils with high water tables and soil containing contaminants. Driven piles are divided into two sub-types:
- Friction Piles
- Sheet Piles
Bored piles are constructed by removing the crushed earth mechanically and creating a borehole. These piles allow the construction of more enormous diameter piles than others. They consist of cylindrical concrete bodies suitable for pre-cast and cast in-situ piles. Bored piles can be constructed using various methods, such as:
- Rotary Bored Piling (RBP)
- Continuous Flight Auger (CFA) Piling
- Sectional Flight Auger (SFA) Piling
In this piling, hollow circular galvanised steel pile shafts with one or more steel helices attached to them are tightened into the ground beneath, much like a screw is fitted into the wood. In addition, this type of pile minimises the waste produced by an installation and is more cost-efficient than other methods.
What We Offers:
Here at Southern Foundations & Piling Ltd,
We are catered towards the domestic and commercial clients, We have great teams of piling & Underpinning contractors who are all in house trained and employed by our company and do not source outside contractors to take on work under our name. Our teams cover all over the south of the Uk and we have a wide variety of piling machines to undertake almost any job. We can undertake all of the associated ground works which go with piling so we can do the ground beams or your Rc raft ready for the builder to build straight on. We can also undertake full designs with our structural design team or work with your structural engineer always with a cost effective and practical method in mind. We like to offer a transparent service with no hidden or nasty extras at the end of our service and pride ourselves on being fair and honest to all of our clients.
Please contact our team on the below contact form or call to discuss your project with our estimator Tom.
Send Us a Message!
Take a look at Southern Foundations and Piling Ltd!
Advantages of Our Pile Foundations Services
- Our piles provide high load-bearing capacity for the building structure.
- They are typically used in areas where the soil’s upper layers are unstable, providing a foundation solution.
- Our pile foundations are specially designed for long-term stability.
- Our piling foundations provide resistance against lateral forces like heavy earthquakes, tornados, and other natural disasters.
- We offer suitable piling techniques for numerous structures according to your needs.
- We provide services on any ground surface where mixed soil, non-cohesive or cohesive soil are present, providing versatile piling foundation services.
- We are also providing piling foundations where space is limited.
Our Pile foundations have a variety of advantages, e.g. their ability to cope with high loads and control the settlement under challenging soil conditions.
Why Southern Foundations & Piling?
- Free visits to the project site
- An extensive experience of 12 years.
- Cost-effective and quality services.
- Employment of the latest technology equipment.
In the UK, driven piles may cost between £150 and £300 per linear metre as of 2024, and bored piles may cost between £200 and £400 per linear metre.
For piles built on rock, the minimum centre-to-centre spacing is two times the average pile diameter or 1.75 times the diagonal cross-sectional dimension; nevertheless, this minimum cannot be any smaller than 24 inches.
Southern Foundations & Piling LTD was established in 2012 and has completed several commercial and residential projects. We are proud of who we are because of our service and hundreds of happy customers.