What We Offers:
Here at Southern Foundations & Piling Ltd,
We are catered towards the domestic and commercial clients, We have great teams of piling & Underpinning contractors who are all in house trained and employed by our company and do not source outside contractors to take on work under our name. Our teams cover all over the south of the Uk and we have a wide variety of piling machines to undertake almost any job. We can undertake all of the associated ground works which go with piling so we can do the ground beams or your Rc raft ready for the builder to build straight on. We can also undertake full designs with our structural design team or work with your structural engineer always with a cost effective and practical method in mind. We like to offer a transparent service with no hidden or nasty extras at the end of our service and pride ourselves on being fair and honest to all of our clients.
Please contact our team on the below contact form or call to discuss your project with our estimator Tom.
Send Us a Message!
Large and small diameter bored cast-in-place piles are often used to construct efficient and economic temporary or permanent retaining walls. These walls are suitable for deep basements & underground structures, particularly where working space is limited and adjacent structures require support. They minimise bulk excavation and help to control ground movements and groundwater ingress.
Three distinct bored pile wall systems are in current use:
• Contiguous pile wall
• Secant pile wall – hard/soft or hard/firm
• Secant pile wall – hard/hard
The choice of system depends on a number of factors. These include soil type, groundwater profile, retained heights, available construction time, propping arrangement, cost and design life. Piles can be constructed using cased rotary or continuous flight auger (CFA) methods. Where working space is limited, mini piling techniques may be appropriate.
Feel Free to Get in Touch
Pile diameters up to 1200mm are commonly used. Larger diameters can be installed with rotary piling equipment. Maximum pile depths of 29m are possible with CFA Greater depths generally require rotary piling. Bored pile walls can be combined with our patented precast guide wall/capping beam system to secure health and safety, cost, and programmer benefits.
Contiguous Pile Wall Contiguous piles are suitable where the groundwater table is below excavation level. It is normally the most economic and rapid option. The wall consists of discrete piles typically installed at centres 150mm greater than their diameter, leaving gaps where the soil is exposed during excavation. Application Basement construction, road/ rail cuttings, underpasses, cut-and-cover tunnels and portals, cofferdams, underground tanks, slope stabilisation. Systems available include secant and contiguous pile walls. King post walls can also be offered.
The choice of system depends on a variety of factors including soil type, groundwater, retained height, deflections, propping arrangement, design life, etc.
• Maximum underground space; with minimum bulk excavation
• Adaptable to complex wall layouts
• Control of ground movements and groundwater
• Wide range of wall thicknesses and capability
• Can be installed in restricted working space
• Can be designed to carry long term vertical loads
• Cost and time saving plus health and safety benefits when combined with patented Cementation precast guide/capping beam.
24/09/09 Rev 7 Permanent works applications therefore generally require an additional reinforced concrete lining to secure exposed soil, and resist long term groundwater pressures. Secant Pile Wall – Hard/Soft or Hard/Firm Where short term water retention is required this system offers the most cost-effective and rapid solution. The wall consists of interlocking bored piles. Primary piles are constructed first using a ‘soft’ cement-bentonite mix (commonly 1N/ mm2) or ‘firm’ concrete (commonly 10N/mm2). Secondary piles, formed in structural reinforced concrete, are then installed between the primary piles with a typical interlock of 150mm.
Take a look at Southern Foundations and Piling Ltd!
Advantages of Piling Foundations
- Piling foundations ensure structural stability against loads and natural disasters, such as earthquakes.
- These foundations help weak ground soil to withstand the weight of heavy structures.
- Mostly, people avoid construction in those lands which are prone to slides, but piling allows you to lay deep foundations even in such lands.
- Piling foundation also goes well with the wet clay soil, making your constructions perfect and secure.
Promises We Make
Our experts are well-qualified and have in-depth industry knowledge that is required for accomplishing a project efficiently:
- Our commitment is to deliver the best possible services, guaranteeing the value of your money.
- We handle the whole piling process efficiently, from initial contact to design and installation.
- We offer full support to our customers, liaising with the structural engineers regarding the restrictions at a particular site and suggesting the best piling method.
Our Service Area
Southern Foundations & Pilings Ltd contractors offer Piling, Mini Piling, and Foundation services in the following areas:
London ( KENT – SLOUGH – GREENWICH – BROMLEY – GUILDFORD – WOKING – WANDSWORTH – CHELSEA – ISLINGTON – WIMBLEDON – BATTERSON )
Devon ( PLYMOUTH – EXETER – TORQUAY – PAIGNTON )
Cornwall ( REDRUTH – FALMOUTH – ST AUSTELL – TRURO – NEWQUAY – PENZANCE – SALTASH – BODMIN )
For more information on how you can get a quote with us get in touch by phone on 0800 193 9090 or via our contact form by clicking the button below.