CFA Piling Contractors
What We Offers:
Here at Southern Foundations & Piling Ltd,
We are catered towards the domestic and commercial clients, We have great teams of piling & Underpinning contractors who are all in house trained and employed by our company and do not source outside contractors to take on work under our name. Our teams cover all over the south of the Uk and we have a wide variety of piling machines to undertake almost any job. We can undertake all of the associated ground works which go with piling so we can do the ground beams or your Rc raft ready for the builder to build straight on. We can also undertake full designs with our structural design team or work with your structural engineer always with a cost effective and practical method in mind. We like to offer a transparent service with no hidden or nasty extras at the end of our service and pride ourselves on being fair and honest to all of our clients.
Please contact our team on the below contact form or call to discuss your project with our estimator Tom.
Send Us a Message!
The continuous flight auger piling technique is a frequently used foundation method involving drilling and concreting in a single continuous operation. In this method, a hollow auger is screwed into the ground up to the desired depth, and then concrete is filled into the newly formed cavity.
CFA piling is a technique that requires specialised skills and expertise to ensure a precise and long-lasting outcome. Southern Foundation Piling, a company with years of experience and a skilled engineering team, delivers the sturdiest foundations for your construction project.
With our latest piling equipment and rigs, we can easily access the hard-to-reach sites and ensure reliable installation of the CFA pile foundations.
CFA Piling Common Uses
- It is appropriate for various groundworks on gravel, clay, silt, and sand strata, as well as in areas with high groundwater tables.
- CFA piling is a wise solution when site access is limited, and speed, minimum vibration, and noise impact are significant factors.
- This technique is frequently used to build tunnels, bridges, and other bigger infrastructure projects, as well as to defend against flooding.
- This drilling technique is widely used for multi-storey buildings and large structural foundations.
Feel Free to Get in Touch
Process of the CFA Pile Installation
The whole process of CFA piling is monitored by our qualified engineers through a cutting-edge onboard computer. The computer system gives the operator feedback on important installation parameters like the depth of the auger and casing, the number of revolutions made by the auger, the stratum information, the drill pressure and torque, and the water strikes seen during the drilling phase.
- A continuous hollow stemmed helical auger is rotated into the ground with the help of a piling rig to the required depths.
- Then, concrete is pumped carefully through the stem while the auger is being withdrawn at the same time.
- As the auger is pulled, the poured concrete hardens and keeps the pile stable.
Take a look at Southern Foundations and Piling Ltd!
Advantages of CFA Piling
- It can create piles with different diameters ranging from 300mm to 1000mm and a depth of up to 32m
- It can resist lateral, uplift, and compressive loads.
- CFA piling is a cost-effective foundation technique.
- It can be put in a wide range of soil types, including soft rock, sand, clay, silt, and gravel.
- This foundation technique produces low noise and vibrations.
- It is ideal for locations with poor soil conditions and large quantities of groundwater.
- Its construction takes far less time than boring piles since no temporary casings or support structures are needed.
Your Trusted Piling Experts
With a long history of successful CFA piling projects, we ensure you will get the highest quality services within your budget and desired time. Get in touch for your foundation needs!
Continuous flight auger (CFA) piles are an efficient and affordable option that may be used for a variety of construction projects and ground conditions. This latest technique of piling is an excellent option for urban applications where noise levels must be reduced to a minimum.
Compared to other piling techniques, it requires less time and effort, and because only one auger is required, it saves you equipment and labour costs. Moreover, it is a versatile piling option because it can be employed in a variety of soil types and situations.
CFA piles are capable of going through rock strata and are suitable for all soil conditions, including clay, dense sand, and low-grade rocks.